CONCOURS D’ELEGANCE AND JUDGING
This year, there will be NO fee for enthusiasts wishing to enter their machines for judging and trophies and to be eligible for the $2000 prize for “Best in Show”.
CONCOURS judging is done by respected motorcycle enthusiasts from a variety of backgrounds including popular motorcycle journalism. The winner of Best in Show from last year will be invited to participate as a guest judge this year.
Machines entered for judging must be in running order.
The ever-popular DYNO will also be making an appearance at CONCOURS with trophies offered for the most horsepower for machines up to 750cc, over 750cc, and V-Twin’s.
This is a basic guide to how bikes entered in the Concours are judged.The Concours is a Concours d’Elegance.*
- Bikes are judged on their appearance. Dust or mud on a bike from the show venue will not be marked adversely, but dirt/grease etc. that dates from before the show will be.
- Bikes are NOT judged on originality. With the wide variety of bikes entered each year, this would be an impossible task.
- Obvious safety or mechanical defects will lower a bike’s score. Check your tyres and chains, and cable covers etc.
- When two bikes are equal in the Judges’ opinion, the tie breaker will be the bike that is an operating (ridden) motorcycle. If this does not break the tie, the winner will be the hardest ridden bike.
- The Judges Award of Special Merit. This Award is for technical excellence in design or fabrication.
The Judges have a long and difficult task. Please do not make it tougher by speaking with them during judging. Your bike will be judged on its merit on the day, not on any other factor.
The judges’ decision is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into by Club Laverda Qld or any associates with regard to these decisions.